Kerri Assell represents clients with respect to a variety of real estate matters including purchase and sale transactions, leasing, development and financing. Kerri’s real estate experience includes representing developers and owners of commercial real estate including office buildings, retail shopping centers, mixed-use projects, industrial property, charter schools, day care centers and senior living facilities. She also regularly represents developers in connection with various types of development agreements and easements. Kerri has extensive experience financing complex real estate deals on behalf of borrowers including conventional loans, mezzanine financing and commercial mortgage backed securities. Kerri serves as local counsel for out-of-state developers and borrowers. In addition to her representation of borrowers, she has spent a good portion of her career representing financial institutions in connection with their commercial real estate loans including title and survey review. With over twenty years of legal experience, Kerri is able to guide clients through every stage of commercial real estate transactions from letter of intent through and after closing.
- Represents buyers and sellers in commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions of all types.
- Represents developers of vacant land including day care centers and senior living facilities.
- Represents both landlords and tenants in commercial leasing including office buildings, retail shopping centers and mixed-use projects.
- Represents borrowers in financing of real estate deals including CMBS loans.
- Represents community banks in loans secured by real estate.
- Drafts and negotiates a variety of contracts and agreements, including purchase and sale agreements, deed, escrow agreements, leases, development agreements and easements and in connection with those transactions reviews title, survey and environmental disclosures.
- Negotiates loan documents on behalf of borrowers in connection with real estate finance.
- Assists businesses in all aspects of real estate transactions.
Judicial Law Clerk, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit, Honorable Robert H. McWilliams, Jr.
University of Denver Law Review, Editorial Board
University of Denver Law Review, Published Article