Bob has been of counsel with Jones & Keller since 2002 and joined the firm after a 38-year career with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. As the SEC's Regional Director, Bob was responsible for commission regulatory and enforcement programs in eleven states, with a staff of 150 in Denver, Salt Lake City and Fort Worth. Bob's service and commitment were recognized in 1975 with the SEC's Special Act Award, in 1978 with the SEC's highest award, the Distinguished Service Award, and again in 1983 and 1989 with the Presidential Rank Award of Meritorious Executives.
In addition to his service with Jones & Keller and the SEC, Bob has served as a consultant, providing technical assistance to the newly established Croatian SEC. Bob has also served in Manila, Philippines as a Securities Enforcement Expert and General Securities consultant. Bob also served as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Judge Advocate General Reserve Corps.
Honors / Distinctions
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent® Attorney – Ethical Standards and Legal Ability
- 50-Year Member of the Denver Bar Association, 2007
- Presidential Rank Award of Meritorious Executive, 1989, 1983
- SEC Distinguished Service Award, 1978 (the SEC's highest award)
- Securities and Exchange Commission Special Act Award, 1975
- Clerk for the Honorable Francis Knauss, Colorado Supreme Court
SEC Historical Society Interview
Read a transcript of an interview with Bob as he reflects on his distinguished career with the SEC and talks about the modern practice of securities law:
Professional and Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association (Past Chairman, Securities Subcommittee)
- Denver Bar Association
- Rotary International