Mrs. Wilkie practices law in the areas of franchising, banking, real estate, bankruptcy, and creditor's rights. Such matters include representing local and national businesses in franchise purchase and sales, termination, transfer and renewal. Mrs. Wilkie’s diverse practice has encompassed antitrust, bankruptcy, business formation, corporate governance, employment, finance, Indian law, real estate acquisition, sales and leasing.
Expertise & Achievements
- Start-up franchisees in business formation, financing, real estate purchase, sales, and leasing.
- Franchisees and franchisors in franchise termination, transfer, and sales, as well as employment, and corporate issues.
- Lenders and borrowers in connection with the purchase and financing of commercial and residential sites.
- Lenders regarding bankruptcy, judicial, and public trustee foreclosure.
- Borrowers and lenders in commercial lending and leasing.
- Landlords and tenants in negotiating commercial ground and space leases.
- Buyers and sellers in real estate acquisition, as well as sale and leaseback transactions.
- Local and national businesses in corporate governance, contracts, and all aspects of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
Honors & Distinctions
- Co-Editor, “The Bankruptcy Court Report,” The Public Record Corporation, N.A.,Quarterly, Summer 1986 - Summer 1987.
- Criminal Law-Counsel for Accused-Due Process Requires Accused be Provided Reasonable Opportunity to Secure Second Test After DWI Test Arrest, 59 N.D. L. Rev.479 (1983).
- University of North Dakota Law Review.
- Order of Barristers.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association