Areas of Practice
J.D., University of North Dakota School of Law, 1984
M.S., Minot State University, 1979 (Audiology)
B.A., University of North Dakota, 1978 (Spanish; Speech Pathology)
Mary Ellen Wilkie
Denver, CO 80202
Ms. Wilkie practices in the areas of franchising, real estate, bankruptcy and creditor's rights. Such matters include representing local and national businesses in a broad range of issues involving contracts, real estate acquisition, sales, and leasing, finance, bankruptcy, employment, corporate governance and business formation, and franchise purchase and sales, termination, transfer and renewal.
- Representing start-up franchisees in business formation, financing, real estate purchase, sales, leasing.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in connection with the purchase and financing of commercial and residential sites.
- Representing lenders in connection with bankruptcy, judicial and public trustee foreclosure.
- Representing borrowers and lenders in commercial lending and leasing.
- Representing franchisees in franchise termination, transfer, and sales.
- Representing franchisees/franchisors in employment and corporate issues.
- Representing landlords and tenants in negotiating commercial ground and space leases and representing buyers and sellers in real estate acquisitions and sale/leaseback transactions.
- Representing local and national businesses in corporate governance, contracts and all aspects of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC).
Honors / Distinctions
- Co-Editor, “The Bankruptcy Court Report,” The Public Record Corporation, N.A., Quarterly, Summer 1986 - Summer 1987.
- Criminal Law-Counsel for Accused-Due Process Requires Accused be Provided Reasonable Opportunity to Secure Second Test After DWI Test Arrest, 59 N.D. L. Rev. 479 (1983).
- University of North Dakota Law Review
- Order of Barristers
Admitted to Practice Before
- Admitted in Colorado
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association