Areas of Practice
J.D., University of Colorado at Boulder, 2003
Georgetown University Law Center – International Law Program, Firenze, Italy, 2002
Duke University - Geneva Institute in Transnational Law, Geneva, Switzerland, 2002
B.S., Operations Management, University of Colorado at Boulder, Leeds School of Business 2001 (areas of emphasis in Real Estate; Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management)
Denver, CO 80202
Cyrus concentrates his practice on business, securities and real estate law, including representing emerging and established companies, as well as individuals, in all manner of business, securities and real estate transactions.
As a principal in several Colorado business entities, Cyrus has over a decade of business ownership and management experience. He also has over a decade of practical experience in the real estate industry, including commercial and residential development.
His business experience has included working with various federal, state and local agencies that impact clients' transactions including the IRS, CAID, CDOR, CDOI, SBA, SEC and various local planning and zoning departments. With both legal and practical business experience, Cyrus is able to apply his integrated perspective to quickly address clients' concerns and needs, oftentimes in innovative, more advantageous ways. Cyrus' combined legal, business, and entrepreneurial experience is an invaluable resource, particularly to start-up ventures.
Cyrus has experience in a wide variety of business and real estate transactions, including: entity formation; contract negotiation, drafting and review; license agreements; shareholders' agreements; confidentiality agreements; mergers; acquisitions; non-disclosure, non-compete, and non-solicitation agreements; planning & zoning issues; asset sales; business and asset sales; development and construction agreements; closing document review; foreclosures; commercial and residential leases; sale-and-leaseback transaction; installment land sales; common ownership interest matters; financing issues; security interests; condominium and common interest community law (including both residential and commercial conversions); real estate planning and investment strategy; as well as strategic planning.
- Assisted with listing two million shares on the American Stock Exchange valued at $8 million dollars.
- Assisted with commercial and residential condominium conversions totaling in excess of $24 million dollars.
- Assisted with privatization of public entity, including corporate documentation and regulatory filings.
Honors / Distinctions
- 2010-2012 Colorado Rising Stars - Securities & Corporate
- 2007 GHP Horwath, P.C. 17th Annual SEC Reporting Conference Speaker – Shareholder Proposals and Access
- Leeds School of Business, Deming Center for Entrepreneurship Honors
- “Outstanding Service” Award – Colorado House of Representatives
- Phi Alpha Delta “Most Valuable Member” Award
- Pi Tau Sigma National Engineering Honor Society
- Recipient of Beall Merit Scholarship
- Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity International, University of Colorado at Boulder Pre-Law Chapter, President: January 1997 to May 1999
Admitted to Practice Before
- Admitted in Colorado
Professional and Community Affiliations
- Past and Current
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Phi Alpha Delta
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Denver Metro Commercial Association of Realtors
- American Motorcyclists Association
- Motorcycle Road-racing Association
- Cyrus Rajabi Foundation, Incorporated. A non-profit charitable organization established to promote and foster academic scholarship and goodwill.
- Established “Sustainable Development Scholarship” at University of Colorado School of Law in 2004.
- Rotary International “Pencils for Peace” Program
- Elected House District 37 Delegate (Two Year Term 1998-2000)
- Elected Arapahoe County Delegate (Two Year Term 1998-2000)
- Elected 6th Congressional Dist. Delegate (Two Year Term 1998-2000)
- Elected to 2nd Term as Precinct 410 Leader (Two Year Term 2000-2002)
- Legislative Intern / Assistant, Colorado House of Representatives, 1998